Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Year of Unrest

I looked at this blog today and wondered where a year of life went because it is not on this blog.  Is it really true that the last time I reflected on my peaceable walk was at conference almost a year ago?

Truth be told -- it wasn't a peaceful year.
It was a difficult year.
It was a growing year.
A changing year.

I found a place to put some of my pain and trials -- which brought a lot of peace.
I took time for myself to really ponder me -- which brought a lot of peace.
I continue to serve in my music calling -- music brings me incredible peace.
I added a teaching calling, that while stressful at times -- brings me increased peace.

As 2013 was drawing to a close I found myself in a pivotal place that really could have gone either way.  I spent more time on my knees trying to find the answers and the way out of the dark place I felt I was in.  It was as one of my favorite speakers, S. Michael Wilcox, likes to say "the fourth watch" when the answers came.

Fourteen days into 2014 I am relieved to feel peace beginning to return.  I'm relieved by the answers to those prayers prayed in the 11th hour.  I'm grateful for this challenge that keeps me constantly seeking my peaceable walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment