Monday, January 5, 2009

A 14 Day Walk

Today in my quest for a peaceable walk I will begin a 14 day walk with Christ program. It might take me longer than 14 days with my business and home schooling, but I will get it done and record my processes here.

Here is the objectives for Day 1:
QUESTION: How can I follow in His steps?
READ: 1 Peter 2:21, Abraham 1:2, Moroni 7:48
PONDER: How can I follow in Christ's steps today?

Answer: Following in his steps today means trying to be like him, Christ-like, in all my interactions with my children and family. Today, as I interact with my 8 year old, I will imagine a sticker on her that reads " I am a Child of God."

1 Peter 2:21 -- '...Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps.."

Abraham 1:2 - "And finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the for the blessings of the fathers...desiring also to be one who possessed great knowledge and to be a greater follower of righteousness and to possess greater knowledge..."

Moroni 7:48 - "Wherefore, my beloved bretheren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."

Ponder: How can I follow in Christ's steps today? My short answer is to have more charity this day. The long answer will have to be posted later as I do want to ponder what it means to follow in Christ's steps.


Today's gratitude: Today I am grateful to be home with my children, especially to have time wiht my son as this is a blessing that will soon come to be few and far between as his life expands and reached out into the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment