Saturday, January 3, 2009

On a More Serious Note...

As I stated previously, one of the goals I want to accomplish on my mission to establish a peaceable walk is to incorporate quotes and thoughts about peace. Here's mine for today, January 3, 2009:

"We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace." ~William Ewart Gladstone

The love of power -- wow! Now that is something to ponder today. What have I done this day that has been done in that spirit rather than in the spirit of love and its power? I'm wondering if it was when I was upset at my husband, who seems to want my attention on his time-table, but when I asked for some from his today and didn't get it -- I was not as gracious and kind as I should have been with my disappointment. I must apologize for that.

Note to self - pay closer attention to how you apply love of power over power of love in your interactions with others.

Today's gratitude (day 3 of 365): Gratefully today I was reminded about the use of love and power and its proper application and value.

No comments:

Post a Comment