Friday, January 9, 2009

Today's Gratitude 7-8-9

I thought maybe today would be a good day to start out the day catching up on gratitudes. I've got a lot on my plate at the shop and need to focus there. I'm afraid if I put this off, not only will my gratitudes be behind but so will my Walk with Christ project. The latter is much easier to let linger as the extra days have benefited that project. However, for me to truly find 365 days of gratitude -- I need to stay on top of that.

I've noticed around the web that there are several of these projects out there -- one that for scrappers (like me) has you taking a picture of the daily gratitude to accompany the thought. This seems like an awesome project (maybe for next year -- this year's life is crowded).

Gratitude number 7/365 - I would find it uncomfortable to live in a world in where I had no person to thank - Rosamunde Pilcher, Winter Solstice (loved this thought - found it on an e-mail today.)

Gratitude 8/365 - Fridays! I'm grateful today that it is Friday (now I need to remember I used this one once. I want a different gratitude each day - no reruns!!!). Even though the shop is open tomorrow and its not really the beginning of a relaxing weekend. It is the day that my dd and I kick back after work with a pile of food and a movie. Fondly referred to as "Camp-out Night" where we eat on the picnic blanket and sleep on the picnic blanket and watch movies until we drop off from exhaustion. I started this tradition a few years ago when funds were tight and we needed a 'weekend' feel to life. It has become special to all of us -- maybe more so now that we are just the two of us. Today's gratitude is being grateful for Friday, for camp-out night and for special time with my daughter.

Gratitude 9/365 - This is my gratitude for today (being current now -- and actually having to deal with this as I write) talkative 7 year olds. Even though she's often off track and not focused on what she is supposed to be doing, it is a delight to hear the sound of her voice. Her childlike voice and chatter will not be around long. At 7 I can already see the interests begin to change. I need to remember, in moments of frustration, that these days will one day be forever gone from me and to be grateful for this time. To live each moment with intent. To appreciate childhood more and to record the details so that when the days are long gone I will always have the memories to hold dear and warm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment