Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 13 and 14













As you can tell Tuesday and much of today, Wednesday did not work out the way I had planned. There will be many hit and miss attempts at this process as I try to reflect on being peaceable and grateful as well as recording those reflections and changes.

I wish today I felt more peaceable. My husband stopped by my store today and try as I might I could not connect in the way either he or I wanted. He had an agenda that I put a demand on and we clashed. It is my biggest trial in life to be peaceable with him. I guess that is why I need this time this year, to teach myself what I am too stubborn (or maybe too hurt) to learn. Yet, learn I must to be what I want to be.

I found that image posted above on a blog that I follow. It was created by Julie Beck and has great significance to me today. As I ponder on the message "Woman of Stature.." I wonder what that might mean for me and what might be required of me to maintain the kind of stature that a peaceable woman would have.

Maybe today that position had a bit of crumbling around it. Maybe I did ok -- and it is just what and who I have to deal with. Something to reflect on, at least.

Today's Gratitude: Before I post today's gratitude, I want to save and come back to the one I had intended for yesterday. I have a particular image that I want to post for that one. One that makes me smile and I hope others too.

As for today: I am grateful for time. Time to ponder and to evaluate and to make adjustments. I know that it is not my purpose here to be perfect, but to learn to improve. I love President Hinckley's " a little more..." counsels. Be a little better. A little..there is a lot of hope in that and a lot of room to learn and to improve. Time - in time it will be more than a little, I hope. I time, it will be a grand improvement. In time, I will be the Woman of Stature I am now just trying to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment