Thursday, January 8, 2009

Walk Day 3 - Grattitude Day 5/6

I knew I was going to get behind. Yesterday we had bad weather and my dh was working virtually from my store. Trying to be contemplative with extra people around was a bit challenging on top of business and home school. Let's see where today takes me....

Gratitude - for yesterday (Day 5 of 365): Yesterday I was thankful for time with my son. He stopped by on his way home from work. It is kinda fun to have him be mobile now (with his own car) and be able to be blessed with visits from him and time with him. One day he'll be off on his own and each one of these times is precious to me.

Walk Day #2:
QUESTION: Am I seeking Christ's help? - The only way I know -- pray, pray and pray some more!!

READ:
Proverbs 3:5-6 - this is the trust in the Lord with all thy heart scripture. I like to take this one step further to verse 7: "Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil." What great counsel, to trust in the lord and humble yourself and not lean on your own wisdom. This doesn't mean that you don't have value or ability -- but more it means that we need to lean upon the Lord for guidance and direction. Decisions make without the help of the Lord do not typically take us where He wants us to go.

2 Coringthians 12:9-10 -- Verse 10 ("Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.") is especially meaningful to me. In the past few years I have been tested and know this scripture to be very helpful. It is not always easy to bear trials and testing. Often times the natural man asks 'Why me?" Some of my testing took me down that path. It wasn't easy to pray myself to the point where my weaknesses where becoming strenghts. Some where along the path I realized the pains where not what they used to be. The lessons became teaching moments and testimony builders. Faith increased.

Jacob 4:7 - "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." Again -- good priniciple to hang on to when trials are working you and molding you to what the Lord wants you to become.

Ether 12:27 - "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Probably one of our more quoted scriptures from the Book of Mormon on this principle. The path is clear here; 1. Come unto Christ 2. To be shown your weakness and be humbled 3. To recieve grace when you humble yourself 4. To have faith and to increase in faith 5. To be made strong through your weaknesses.

PONDER:
How can the Lord help me to overcome my weaknesses? As I look at the shortcomings and stumbling blocks I face now -- and place them at the feet of the Savior, my prayer is that He will show me what I need to learn and where He wants me to grow. My prayer is that I do not just suppose on my own, but truly seek to learn His will -- and then be willing to follow it.


Today's Gratitude: (Day 6 of 365 -- yes I know I'm behind...one of these day I'll add in one here and there and catch up ;) ) Forgiveness - both giving and receiving it. Learning to be humble enough to ask for it and also being gracious enough to give it when asked of you. I think as much gratitude as I need to feel, I also need to feel a stronger need to forgive and seek forgiveness for little things that happen each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment