Monday, January 19, 2009

Last Week's Walk and Gratitudes

(see the notes below on gratitude #15 regarding this picture)



Today's (January 19, 2009) gratitude, I suppose, should be about second chances. I was reminded yesterday by my bishop about a great principle taught regarding course correction (A Matter of a Few Degrees ). It is easy enough to get behind, but the longer you go before you get yourself back on track the wider the gap and the farther off course you become.





Last week, I certainly got off course. Days blended from one to another without time to make a written record of the things that were taking place or the thoughts that occupy my mind and heart. Today, before I get involved in my big project, I'll course correct and get back on track.


Today, I'm grateful for any chance that helps me continue down the path that I need to be on.





Gratitude 15: Thursday I had plans to post the picture of my gratitude. I've been thinking about this one for several days. This gratitude has to do with my daughter and her love of seeing things grow. She's been wanting to plant flowers and have a garden for as long as I can remember. She has always been a dirt digger (I'm an inside person, I work online, I read and while I love the outdoors -- it usually comes with too much heat for me) since I can remember. I'm grateful for her interests -- so that I can stretch. This picture (above), is one attempt (maybe a bit lame -- but for sure humorous) to get her something to grow.







Gratitude 16: Friday, I must say, I was not feeling especially grateful. The day was extremely cold. Sales have been down at the store this week due to the weather. It was the end of the week and I was tired and still behind. Today, about as much as I could muster -- was that at least when I got to work frozen, and in a bad mood (because the window wouldn't go down at the bank and I had to get out of the car at the drive-thru teller and hand her my deposit) that I could blast the heater at the store - because its covered in my lease and not something I have to worry how long or high I run it!





Gratitude 17: Saturday (and yes, I do think about these things each day -- not try to concot them at the last minute) I was thinking about being grateful for 'days off from school.' Saturday is fondly referred to as 'movie day' at work. We (my daughter and I) don't have any school work to do that day. Its the end of the week and we need a mental break (and I need something to occupy a child with so I can scrap). Movies in the DVD player of the laptop are a great blessing. Saturday we watched a great movie called "Secondhand Lions." Its is a great story about family and about values (especially for young boys -- but my daughter loves it too!). The layout turned out great, by the way, and it ended up being a great day.





Gratitude 18: Yesterday as I was driving to church my thought was that I was greatful for several things: 1. That it wasn't so cold out. 2. That my car has these amazing seat warmers (fondly referred to in my family as 'butt warmers'. 3. That there is a great stereo system in my car so that I can sing out loudly to my favorite church music while driving to church. I'd explain more on these gratitudes -- but I'm behind and working my way backwards. Hopefully there will be time another day for me to be more wordy.

No comments:

Post a Comment